Monday, November 25, 2013

Things I did for the first time in my life.


 
One night, brushing my teeth in front of the well outside, staring at the huge stars that were almost falling down on me, my thoughts were as far away from there as the stars were.  It just hit me, “I will not let anybody weigh me down. I will never again let anybody make me feel any less than I am.  This is me I thought.  I love myself.  And I do not give a damn whether anybody loves me or not…

 

I went to my room later.  I put my music on. Thinking of how great it is to brush your teeth outdoors. Go to the balcony and looking in the sky dream of yourself being in front of your tent in the woods, or on the deck of a boat or on a beach….

I realized that this was the first time I looked at the stars when I was brushing my teeth.  Then I thought what else I did for the first time here. And I wrote them all down.

 

Falling asleep with all the creatures in the room.

Sleeping on a wooden bed with a straw mattress on it.

Eating buffalo and goat meat.

Walking as slowly as I would under the sun, with my flip flops and a t-shirt under the heavy Manson.

Taking a bath outdoors and under the rain.

Eating fresh mango, litchi, papaya…

Fighting a mouse, a goat and a buffalo, making peace with a tarantula.

Seeing a huge cannabis sativa plant, alive.

Just sitting on the side of the road without doing anything and staring at the fields for hours.

Waking up at 06:00 for more than 2 days in a row.

Falling asleep before 21:00 for more than 2 days in a row.

Smoking Surya cigarettes.

Drinking Raksi

Use an outdoor toilet at night.

Teaching math.

 

No comments: